These are my beauty discoveries of the last year. Out of every product tried and tested in the last 12 months, these are the very best. Some are brand new products, launched in 2019, others are simply new to me. All are things that I think I will use, or have used, until the very end and will then buy again. My new beauty favourites of 2019.
1. Tan-Luxe Super Glow Serum, £35.
Hydrating hyaluronic acid face serum with a hint of self-tan.
2. Beauty Pie Jeju Daily AM/PM Moisture Superinfusion, £70/£8.90.
Multi-use facial moisturiser. Excellent as a base for makeup, equally as good at night.
3. Beauty Pie Super Retinol Face Serum, £80/£8.80.
The entire Beauty Pie retinol range is worth a look, gentle and effective.
Another beautiful foundation formula from No7.
5. Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation, £5.99.
A properly brilliant base at a properly low price point.
6. Wet n Wild Photofocus Concealer, £3.99.
The concealer is as good as it’s foundation counterpart. Wallets rejoice.
7. Milk Makeup Matte Bronzer, £20.50.
Cream bronzer at its best: subtle, blendable, convenient.
8. H&M Do-It-All Stick for Lips & Cheeks, £8.99.
Doesn’t do it all, does give cheeks the most flattering, glowy flush of colour, which is more than enough.
Powder bronzer with the optimum level of pigment in just the right shade.
10. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush, £25.
Long lasting, easy to blend powder blusher.
11. Beauty Pie Pro-Glow Superstrobing Drops, £28/£6.66.
Liquid highlighter, easily as good as the premium versions.
12. By Terry Ombré Blackstar Eye Shadow, £15.
The best eyeshadow formula in the best colour. Bronze Moon is both dark and bright at the same time, easy to apply and lasts all day.
13. Beauty Pie Superbrow, £17/£3.64.
Not too waxy, not too stiff, the easiest and quickest product for filling in brows.
14. By Terry Mini Baume de Rose Crystalline, £14.
A hug for the lips.
15. Clinique Pop Glaze Sheer Lip Colour + Primer, £17.50.
A sheer version of a formula I know well (Beige Pop is my favourite lipstick of all time) in a shade that I did not. Firebox Pop is a sheer pop of colour, red lipstick for people who are scared of red lipstick.
16. Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Colour, £24.50.
The crushed lipstick formula from Bobbi Brown is a delight, easy to wear sheer colour in a comfortable satin matte finish. Uniquely brilliant.
Til next time,