This stuff is hyped. The ultimate cream bronzer. Let’s review the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, £36, and find out…Worth the Hype?
What Is It?
Cream bronzer. Large, plastic, screw top jar. £36 for 30g.
- Formula – great texture, a matte cream to powder finish. Buildable and blends beautifully.
- Wear time – long lasting, fades evenly.
- Packaging – luxe, typical Chanel.
The Less Good
- Packaging – a double edged sword, looks lovely, isn’t hugely practical.
- Colour – comes in just one shade, and that shade is warm. Can lean orange on fair skin.
So the packaging. Two lids, the black screw top, then a plastic top with a pull tab. Should you accidentally put that plastic one on upside down, with the pull tab underneath, disaster. Impossible to get back out. It requires tools.
The other problem is that the product gets a bit gross, traps brush hairs. Chanel recommend that you scrape a bit out rather than going straight in with a brush, but…pfft.
Although it’s quite dark and warm in colour, you can use a light hand to make it work for fair skin tones.
Packaging and colour limitations aside, it’s really quite lovely.
Til next time,