This stuff is hyped. The ultimate drugstore highlighter. But is it any good? Let’s review the Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette, £9.99, and find out… Worth the Hype?
What Is It?
Highlighting palette from UK cosmetics brand Sleek Makeup. One cream, three powders – two baked, one pressed.
- The Cream One (top left) – pretty worn alone or as a base for the powders.
- The Orange One (bottom right) – glowy, gorgeous, blends beautifully.
- Variety – lots of looks in one little palette.
- Wear time – longer lasting than most affordable highlighters.
The Less Good:
- The Yellow One (bottom left) – a little choppy, hard to blend.
- The Purple One (top right) – pigmented and blendable but on the glittery side.
- Texture – all the powders feel a little chunky.
If you want the blinding Instagram, almost wet-looking lilac cheekbone, this palette will get you there. Layer the cream and the purple shade, bam.
If you want a subtle, lit from within glow, this palette will get you there. Use the orange shade and a light hand.
It’s not luxe. The powder formula isn’t soft or finely milled. But it’s so versatile. And so much fun.
Til next time,