Beauty advent calendars feature prominently on my current lust list, with the Charlotte Tilbury World of Legendary Parties 2016 Holiday Advent Calendar, £150, taking the top spot. But once past the I want it phase, I start to think, Is it worth the dough?
In many cases, I have to admit that it isn’t – calendars full of tiny samples, or supplemented with cheaper body care products. But the Charlotte Tilbury one looks good. The products aren’t freebie sized samples, definitely deluxe sample or travel size, and there are several full size products in the mix. So let’s do the makeup maths…
Here’s the contents and what I think they are worth:
- Mini Magic Cream (15ml worth £21)
- Mini Wonderglow (15ml worth £14.50)
- Mini Multi Miracle Glow (15ml worth £6.75)
- Mini Goddess Skin Clay Mask (15ml worth £9)
- Mini Take It All Off Eye Makeup Remover (30ml worth £4.80)
- Mini Supermodel Body (15ml worth £11.25)
- Eyes to Mesmerise: Marie Antoinette (full size worth £22)
- K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick: Penelope Pink (full size worth £23)
- Colour Chameleon: Black Diamonds (full size worth £19)
- EXCLUSIVE Pocket Pout: Jessica Rabbit (full size worth £16.50)
- Mini Legendary Lashes (4ml worth £12.50)
- Lip Lustre: Sweet Stiletto (full size worth £16.50)
(You guys, it was hard work finding out the sizes of the products in this calendar, and I had to make a couple of guesses. The values are based on the equivalent full size products and are estimates. Don’t sue!)
Grand total: £176.80. Ooh!
So I should buy it, right?
Not so fast, cupcake. It got me thinking about the Charlotte Tilbury wish list in my mind: Colour Chameleon: Bronzed Garnet, £19, Colour Chameleon: Smokey Emerald, £19, Airbrush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder, £33, Matte Revolution Lipstick: Glastonberry, £23, Filmstar Bronze & Glow, £49. Grand total: £143. Ah.
So I could just go and buy the lot, instead of the advent calendar, and have £7 left for a glass wine to celebrate (or calm the nerves, depending on your response to spending £150 on cosmetics). Either way, I feel like I have made an excellent case for a CT spending spree. Well done me.
Til next time,