QVC is a new discovery. I had thought it was a daytime TV shopping channel, selling genuine diamanté jewellery with a lovely mock-gold finish à la Julian in Bridget Jones’s Diary. I mean, maybe it is. But the big discovery is that it’s also a stockist of some super exciting beauty brands.
When I say stockist I mean it sells these brands via a website. Normal. No shopping channel phone ins required. Though stock does come in batches, that run out, so the get-it-before-it’s-gone panic marketing steez is still in full effect. And you often have to buy bundles – a foundation plus brush for example – rather than individual products. OK, so not a totally normal shopping experience. But should you be after the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in the UK, your only hope.
The QVC beauty buyer knows what’s up. IT Cosmetics, Laura Geller, Mally, Tarte. Brands that are hard to get here. Worth a look. While you’re there, check out the QVC Beauty Box. Not a subscription service but a one-off purchase. The current one is £20 and full of cult beauty buys, all killer no filler. Not a hand cream in sight.
The QVC ‘Tili’ Beauty Box contents:
- 1 x Alpha-H Liquid Rose Gold (50ml) – NEW. A limited edition of the global bestseller, this formula features the classic Liquid Gold glycolic acid base enriched with a host of aromatic botanicals, including rose, sacred lotus and orchid petal. Designed to be a gentler and calming version of the powerful resurfacing and brightening formula, this treatment exfoliates away dead skin cells while you sleep and helps to improve the appearance of lines and enlarged pores. Ideal for those with dry or sensitive skin.
- 1 x OPI Fiji Collection Nail Polish (15ml) – one shade from the new spring/summer 17 Fiji collection.
- 1 x Vita Liberata 10 Minute Tan (20ml) – this self-tan lotion can be washed off after just 10 minutes and develops into an odour-free and transfer-resistant natural, golden tan within four to six hours.
- 1 x Erno Laszlo Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Bar (15ml and 17g) – a luxurious, premium double-cleanse regime.
- 1 x IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (4ml) in Medium.
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo (50ml) – perfect for weakened or damaged hair.
- 1 x Julien Farel Vitamin Conditioner (50ml).
- 1 x Ultrasun Face SPF30 (25ml) – this lightweight once-a-day, fast-absorbing formula offers heavy-duty UVA and UVB protection while maintaining moisture and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Ideal for very sensitive skin.
- 1 x Benefit Roller Lash Mascara (3g).
- 1 x Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) with muslin cloth – this rich, indulgent cream deeply cleanses to instantly remove daily grime and make up, even stubborn mascara.
The QVC Tili Beauty Box Fourth Edition is £20 with free P&P, available here.
Get it before it’s gone. As they say.
Til next time,